Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pistons Vs. Cavs

Wow, that's all I have to say.  Hopefully they just need to play together for a while and get used to the "system" of Lawrence Frank.  But from the first two games the Pistons aren't looking real good.  I still don't understand what kind of offense they're running.  I thought they would be be a lot more aggressive and work it inside, but they still seem to be just taking a lot of bad shots....contested shots.  How can you let a team get so many offensive rebounds?  Come on guys, box out!  I don't know how many times I saw like 3 Pistons get out rebounded by 1 Cav.  Hopefully they'll pull it together here after a few games, but when you lose to a team like Cleveland by almost 20 points that's pretty bad.

The one bright spot would definitely be Brandon Knight.  I really like his game.  Again, he commits some stupid fouls, but hopefully he'll learn to minimize those.  He has great range on his shot.  I had no idea he was such a good 3 point shooter.  And on top of that he's about the only guy on the whole team who can penetrate with any success and actually finish at the rim or dish out.  (Stuckey's been trying that for years with no success) I have no idea why he's not starting at point guard and they're starting Rodney instead.  I thought the jury was out now that Stuckey isn't a point guard?  Why are they still trying to play him there.

The biggest problem I see with the Pistons is their lack of size.  I think that's why they're getting out rebounded so bad.  Dumars talks all the time about adding another big, "I'd like to add another big", well then DO IT.  You're the GM.  Make it happen.  You can't tell me that with all they players out there you can't find one decent front court player to put beside Greg Monroe.  The guy has signed/drafted more shooting guards and small forwards than anyone would know what to do with.

So I think I'll back off my prediction that they might actually make the playoffs.  If they don't make some improvements in the next 3 to 5 games I don't know that there's much hope for them this year.  Maybe they will be a lottery team again like a lot of people are predicting.

No comments:

Post a Comment